You probably won’t hear this from a health/fitness blogger: Indulge every day! Oh, and chips are healthy.
Yesterday, I read a great post by The Daily Dubie entitled, “The #1 Rule of “Indulgement”: Make Your Own Junk Food!”. This idea really resonated with me and my philosophy over here at WHOLEistically Fit. I believe that indulgences are a very important aspect of our WHOLEistic health. I say it over and over again: What good are tight glutes if you’ve got an unhappy heart and mind? Life is meant to be lived! Indulgences are a part of that .
I almost always have at least one sweet indulgence a day, sometimes two. That typically comes in the form of some sort of dark chocolate and/or fro yo. But, besides that, I also indulge in delicious, often considered “unhealthy” foods on a regular basis. Yep, you read that right. Pizza, pasta, enchiladas, popcorn, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries – these all frequent my kitchen table. None of these foods are off-limits in my household because none of these foods are inherently unhealthy! It’s a matter of the ingredients and cooking methods used to prepare them that makes them “unhealthy” or “healthy”.
In light of this, today we’re talking chips! Potato chips get a really bad rap. We’ve all heard the nasty rumors: potato chips are the devil. They’re highly processed, greasy, fried, and fatty. They’re obesity in a bag and everything that’s wrong with America. (Okay, maybe I’ve taken it a bit too far and am now spreading rumors of my own.) The point is they are seen as a “bad” food. But, what if chips were associated with being a healthy, crunchy, good-for-you, did I mention healthy, snack? Seems weird, right? But, it doesn’t have to be. Chips can be and are healthy, depending on how they’re made. There’s no need to write off these crunchy, delicious snacks in the name of health. Here are 15 healthy chip recipes I’m eyeing on Pinterest that you can indulge in daily if you want .
15 Healthy Chip Recipes
1) Garlic Rosemary Baked Sweet Potato Chips from Oh My Veggies
2) Zesty Baked Tortilla Chips from PBS Parents
3) Crunchy Chili Chickpea Chips from Daily Bites
4) Baked Plantain Chips 3 Ways from The Sweet Life
5) Spiced Roasted Chickpeas from Spice Islands
6) Roasted Edamame with Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper from The Kitchn
7) Chipotle Kale Chips from A Couple Cooked
8) Crispy Root Vegetable Chips from Gooseberry Mooseberry
9) Pita Chips from Crepes of Wrath
10) Baked Apple Chips from Half Squeezed Lemon
11) Zucchini Chips from The Naked Kitchen
12) Orange Sweet Potato Baked Chips With Thyme from Cooking Melangery
13) Crispy Edamame from Allrecipes.com
14) Spicy Baked Flaxseed Tortilla Chips from Savory Sweet Life
15) Baked Butternut Squash Chips from A Couple Cooks
To daily indulgences,
Talk to me!
- What do you indulge in daily?
- What are some of your favorite homemade recipes for healthy “unhealthy” dishes?
If you enjoyed this article, please take a minute to share it with your friends, fam, and readers. Thanks!