Happy Friday everyone! Anyone go see the Twilight Breaking Dawn Part II premier last night? I was a bit disappointed by Part I of Breaking Dawn, so I’m not expecting much of Part II. Hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised. I think my favorite part of Breaking Dawn Part I was this hilarious spoof by Ellen.
If you saw the movie, let me know what you thought!
I’m trying out a little something new today I’m calling Friday Favorites. I’m thinking this will be a fun time for me to share with you some of my favorite things and products as well as some of my favorite articles, blogs, and posts from the web. I’m not sure yet if this is going to be an every Friday thing or just an every-now-and-then Friday thing. I’m going to play it by ear and I’d love your feedback.
If you follow me on Facebook and/or Twitter, you know that I like to share interesting and useful articles I come across on the web related to living a WHOLEistically Fit lifestyle. In case you missed them, I’m going to share (or re-share) some of my favorites.
- Want to find some blogs, magazines, or articles that promote a positive body image? Start by checking out the 2012 Nourishing Body Image Award Winners via Nourishing the Soul.
- Have You Ever Known That You Were Happy Without Feeling Happy? This is a short but profound article by Gretchen Rubin via Positively Positive. I can definitely relate and it’s so good to know that happiness isn’t always just a feeling.
- Confused by all the different kinds of yoga? Hatha, Vinyasa, Bikram, Iyengar. I can barely pronounce these let alone tell you all the differences. This great post on Daily Spark does an excellent job of breaking down several different types of yoga in order to help you figure out which one is best for you.
- Can you really get a BodyRock body by doing their 12 minute workouts? Angry Trainer Fitness addressed this question in a two part series [Part I & Part II] a little while back and I really liked what he had to say. *Spoiler Alert* The answer’s no.
- This isn’t an article or a post, but it’s definitely Friday Favorite worthy. The buy one, share one event is currently going on at Starbucks now.
- Not sure what to do with your old pair of sneakers? Jill Conyers has compiled a fantastic list of ways to recycle or donate old workout shoes.
- How to fearlessly attract healthy love. Terri Cole shows us the way in this great post via Positively Positive.
- And, no Friday Favorites would be complete without a link to a delicious recipe! I’m eyeing this Pumpkin Pie Shake via Cooking Light.
Have a fabulous weekend!