What comes to mind when you think of nachos? I’m guessing it’s a mountain of tortilla chips loaded with seasoned ground beef, salsa, refried beans, sour cream, jalapenos, black olives, and, of course, the “glue” that holds it all together – melted cheddar cheese (and lots of it!).
Anyone craving nachos now?
Well, you’re in luck because I’m coming at you with a delicious Mediterranean twist on the classic nachos. That’s right, you heard me – we’re taking nachos from the shores of Latin America to the beaches of Santorini. We’re trading in salsa for hummus, sour cream for tzatziki sauce, refried beans for chickpeas, tortilla chips for pita chips, and cheddar cheese for feta. It’s going to be out-of-this-world good! Trust me. Or, better yet, don’t and try them out for yourself.
Greek Nachos Recipe
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Keywords: appetizer entree meatless Greek Mediterranean
Ingredients (Serves ~6)
- 1 and 1/2 cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 medium brown or white onion, diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 and 2/3 cups white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar (can substitute this with honey or a sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) bags Mediterranean Snack Food Hummuz Crispz (can also use baked pita chips)
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups hummus
- 1 and 1/2 cups tzatziki sauce
- In a bowl, combine the diced cucumbers, diced onion, diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sliced black olives, and chickpeas and mix them together with a spoon
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the white vinegar, olive oil, oregano, sugar, and garlic salt
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix with a spoon
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Serve the nacho filling on top of HummuZ Crispz or baked pita chips with a dollop of hummus, crumbled feta cheese, and a generous drizzle of tzatziki sauce
Disclosure: I won the HummuZ crispz in a Healthy Way to Cook giveaway. The crispz were the inspiration for this recipe; however I was not required to include them in this recipe or any other post. The opinions shared here are 100% my own.